WEEKDAYS. 12 PM CT.
PREPARE FOR YOUR INTERVIEW WITH ME
Welcome to Marcus Whitney LIVE! Very soon, we’re going to have a fantastic conversation about you, your passions and your work, which you can use to promote your ideas and stories for years to come.
Your Interview Checklist
- This is a LIVE VIDEO SHOW. There is a lot that can go wrong here, so it’s important that you prepare your environment for the show. You must be on a desktop or laptop computer to use ZOOM — NOT your cell phone or iPad.
- Highly recommended: Use a professional USB microphone (like this).
This is STRONGLY advised for optimal sound recording. Your computer’s built-in microphone is not the best quality, and audiences strongly favor great sound. If you don’t have a USB microphone, then headphones (wired, not wireless) will suffice.
- Does your computer have fast, reliable internet / Wi-Fi? In this time, Wi-Fi is hit or miss. I have a great package and sometimes is craps out on me. But we need to try our best to have the best connection possible. Do disconnect any devices on your network that could take up bandwidth during the show, and only run ZOOM on your computer so nothing else is impacting your bandwidth, CPU or RAM. You can test your speed here.
- Are you recording in a quiet space? This will greatly improve the quality of the show, so try to identify a spot where you will be able to record with no interruptions and no background noise.
- Are you minimizing echoes and feedback? Wear headphones rather than listening through your computer’s speakers. Don’t be in a room with lots of windows.
- Have you silenced your phone and all notifications?
- Have you checked your calendar for your ZOOM link? From your computer, you’ll just need to click the link and go to the page. That’s it!
When you appear on Marcus Whitney LIVE, know that I genuinely find you to be an interesting person. Each show will have its own “run of show”, but generally there are three things I like to accomplish:
- Cover your back story so the audience knows who you are
- Talk about your work in the context of “Creative Power” and current events.
- Promote your work.
The interview process will take 30 minutes. Remember to relax, have fun, and enjoy it!
You will log on at 11:45 Central and we will work through levels, fine tuning your setup and answer any questions you may have. We go live at 12pm Central and end around 12:30pm Central.
Guests often ask what they should prepare prior to coming on Marcus Whitney LIVE.
The answer is simple: nothing.
The best interviews are the natural ones.
So, pull up your mic, get comfy, and let’s chat!
By being a guest on Marcus Whitney LIVE, you agree to allow Marcus Whitney International, LLC to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner. You also agree to allow Marcus Whitney International, LLC to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and in all other publications.
After The Interview
One of the great things about Marcus Whitney LIVE is that it’s efficient in generating awareness for you. That’s because it’s livestreamed on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Twitch. So as soon as we are done, thousands of people will have seen the show and will know about you.
Next, our team will package up the audio version of the show and publish it on my podcast, Marcus Whitney’s Audio Universe where it will get additional distribution. We will pull out the highlights and make audio clips, short videos and images that we will distribute across the Marcus Whitney social properties. Finally, we host a dedicated page on MarcusWhitney.com for your episode and announce the episode on our weekly newsletter, Two Worlds.
We will share a Google Drive folder with you that will hold all promotional assets as well as linked to your episode that you can use to promote.