Focusing On My Well-Being
This is the day to day work in my life. Here’s what that looks like:
- Working out at least five times a week since Jan 1, 2018
- Therapy every two weeks since November 14th, 2018
- No alcohol since November 25th, 2018
- Intermittent fasting M-F, 18 hours a day, since Jan 11th, 2019, tracking with Zero
- Meditating daily since April 28th, 2019
- Plant-based diet since August 18th, 2019
- Wednesdays are “personal days” since July 10th, 2019, meaning no work meetings (most of the time), doing lots of self-care and personal errands
Rebuilding My Athlete
I’ve been dedicating lots of time and energy to becoming a competitive athlete again, for the first time since high school (1993). My sport is martial arts, specifically Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I am being trained at Nashville MMA and when I compete it is under the Shawn Hammonds Competition Team. I’ve been doing a lot of nutrition work, strength and conditioning, and training.
Valuing My Time
I am constantly assessing how I use my time, and working very hard to cut down on meetings that don’t provide mutual value and tech addictions like checking email. I’ve made progress but there is more cutting to do.